Ever wanted a dramatic chrome text effect that you could use whenever you wanted? In this tutorial we will walk through a simple method for getting that chrome look like the one below.
1. Start with a new image by going to File -> New or pressing Ctrl + N. Make the image 400 pixels X 400 pixels.
2. Grab the Text tool. Change the font to “Arial” with the size of 72 pt and make sure it is Bold. Center the text, click in the middle of the canvas and type yourself a message.
3. Right-click on your new layer and select “Blending Options”
4. Check the “Drop Shadow,” “Bevel and Emboss,” and the “Satin” boxes.
5. In the “Drop Shadow” box, match the following settings:
6. In the “Bevel and Emboss” box, match these settings:
7. Finally, in the “Satin” box, use these settings:
8. Click the “New Style” button and call it “Super Chrome.” You can find it anytime you need it by going to Window -> Styles.
9. Adjust the “Bevel and Emboss” -> “Structure” -> “Depth” for different font types and sizes.
You now have an easy tool for getting that chrome effect whenever you want it!