Sometimes you just need to add a little extra something to an image and adding rain to a picture can create a dramatic effect. This tutorial walks you through a very simple way to add rain to any image.
1. Start by copying the image above into Photoshop. Just right-click and select copy. In Photoshop, go to File -> New press OK. Then go to Edit -> Paste.
2. Create a new layer with the “New Layer” button in the Layers window.
3. Use your Paint Bucket Tool and fill the new layer with any color – it will not matter what color.
4. Go to Filter -> Noise -> Add Noise…
5. Use the following settings, but don’t be afraid to tweak the settings:
6. In the Layers window, change the layer type to “Overlay” and change the Opacity to 50%. Again, feel free to adjust.
7. Go to Filter -> Blur -> Motion Blur:
8. Use the following settings:
9. Go to Image -> Adjustments -> Levels… or hit Ctrl + L:
10. Finally, adjust the levels to the following settings and try other settings to get the effect you want:
Enjoy the rain! Experiment with the settings along the way to see how you can get different effects.